Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Working Toward Better Rocket League Performance

Phoronix: RadeonSI Working Toward Better Rocket League Performance

Marek Olšák has posted a set of patches today to the Mesa mailing list and they should help some Linux games, at least Rocket League...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

YES! I'd totally stopped playing it because of this issue. I certainly didn't want to play online with it like that. Should have some fun this weekend.

Comment

Only fear there is if something else regressed, since this in touchy general area but i guess popular games have higher priority.

Comment

One thing is for certain though, all these performance tweaks are certainly going to make for interesting benchmark comparisons between mesa 17 and 17.1!

Comment

I would more like to see releases of these tested, since during development perf might go up or go down every day... but neither of these are not released yet.

CTS vs Speed

Comment

As someone who was affected by this bug, I'm really happy to see a solution to it. I've been watching the bug report on it on a regular basis. There was a huge performance drop at first when people first got their hands on this test patch but obviously Marek wasn't dumb enough to consider that acceptable (but, it did fix the problem). All that being said, I'm pretty sure the patch mentioned in the article shouldn't have any negative impact on most (if any) software.
            Last edited by schmidtbag; 09 February 2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I wonder ... didn't RocketLeague map the Buffer with the READ hint, or did radeonsi ignore it the way they requested it?

Comment

That's amazing news! I played it on low and was still handicapped. I really hope the patch will make it work.

Comment

Working...
                X