Trying Intel Kabylake Graphics With Civilization VI On Ubuntu Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Intel Kabylake Graphics With Civilization VI On Ubuntu Linux

Phoronix: Trying Intel Kabylake Graphics With Civilization VI On Ubuntu Linux

I was very surprised to find out that I was able to get Intel HD Graphics working with Aspyr Media's latest Linux game port, Civilization VI. Here are some benchmark results...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm not throwing Aspyr under the bus here, since they were in the forefront of porting AAA games when Steam was launched in Linux, but they need to start to take care of CPU utilization on their ports. All the other porters, Feral, Valve, even Virtual Programming, manage to make sure the game has access to more than one core of the current CPUs, but Aspyr ports do not. I tested a bunch of AAA games I have and only the Aspyr ones (Borderlands games) are stuck at single core action.

So a say this as constructive criticism. Time has passed and people found ways around OpenGL limitations. It would be nice if Aspyr do it too.

Comment

Working...
    X