Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Linux Graphics Driver To Enable Atomic Support By Default

Phoronix: Intel's Linux Graphics Driver To Enable Atomic Support By Default

The patch landed in Intel's drm-intel-next-queued branch this week for enabling atomic support by default on the hardware platforms where it's fully supported...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

can it improve performance?

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
      can it improve performance?
      They claim it can. The main benefit should be a smoother experience.

Comment

It would be nice to have atomic enabled and the same screen resolution all the way from POST in BIOS/UEFI to bootloader, booting of OS and Wayland.

Comment

There is an improvement in MATE when the OSD is being displayed (e.g.: when increasing/decreasing the brightness while watching a video).
          Unlike the nividia GPU (I don't see any flickering with the proprietary drivers), the flickering is still noticeable on the intel iGPU but lesser than before.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            It would be nice to have atomic enabled and the same screen resolution all the way from POST in BIOS/UEFI to bootloader, booting of OS and Wayland.
            It already works like that on my Dell with Fedora 25.

Problem is, the fonts in GRUB and the terminal are incredibly tiny on a 4K 15" laptop screen. One of these days I need to figure out how to load 2x fonts for both. It is possible, I know. Just not a priority for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post

It already works like that on my Dell with Fedora 25.

Problem is, the fonts in GRUB and the terminal are incredibly tiny on a 4K 15" laptop screen. One of these days I need to figure out how to load 2x fonts for both. It is possible, I know. Just not a priority for me.

Comment

Working...
              X