No announcement yet.

Windows 10 vs. Linux With AMDGPU+RadeonSI, NVIDIA Pascal, Lots Of Games Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 vs. Linux With AMDGPU+RadeonSI, NVIDIA Pascal, Lots Of Games Coming

Phoronix: Windows 10 vs. Linux With AMDGPU+RadeonSI, NVIDIA Pascal, Lots Of Games Coming

There's going to be fresh AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce Windows 10 vs. Linux comparisons on Phoronix in the week ahead. Here are the early details and a RFC for our patrons...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No Deus Ex Mankind Divided?

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      No Deus Ex Mankind Divided?
      Wasn't fitting on the 256GB NVMe SSD with clean Win10 install and all these other games... I might be able to make it fit now that I can remove DiRT Showdown now that it wasn't running, will check to see if I can do a partial comparison there, finishing up the Windows10 testing this morning before nuking it to install Ubuntu.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

@Michael

Thanks for add more tests

However in shadow of mordor case you need make manual test, right?

If this is maybe can make some manual benchmark with saint row IV and the third

Comment

Add also war thunder! it have windows and linux clients, benchmark and it is free

Comment

As a reference, please add a pure CPU test(s) (integer/floating point) with identical source code (not different implementations of libraries).

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
              @Michael

Thanks for add more tests

However in shadow of mordor case you need make manual test, right?

If this is maybe can make some manual benchmark with saint row IV and the third

Shadow of Mordor benchmark is accessed manually from in-game menu. AFAIK. Saints Row doesn't have any benchmark mode at all.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

What about HD 530? Not going to happen? The Xonotic one remains unfair...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                  What about HD 530? Not going to happen? The Xonotic one remains unfair...
                  As mentioned in the other thread, this round of testing I am just doing Kabylake. Will likely do a mature Skylake comparison at some point. To which results are you referring to as 'unfair'?
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

As mentioned in the other thread, this round of testing I am just doing Kabylake. Will likely do a mature Skylake comparison at some point. To which results are you referring to as 'unfair'?
                    I see. The Xonotic ones, which were run at 4K, but Windows cheated by doing 1920x1080, and tricking the test suite into "it's 4K"...

Comment

Working...
                    X