Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MirAL 1.2 Released: Mir's Abstraction Layer

Phoronix: MirAL 1.2 Released: Mir's Abstraction Layer

Alan Griffiths of Canonical has announced the release of MirAL 1.2 for Ubuntu 17.04 and the Ubuntu Stable Phone Overlay...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd like to create WMAL, shorthand for Wayland-Mir-Abstraction-Layer: an abstraction layer that abstracts away the differences between Mir and Wayland. Then we could add WMA, shorthand for WMAL-MirAL-AL, which is yet another abstraction layer that abstracts away the differences between WMAL and MirAL. A wise choice now would be to create SFDRAL, shorthand for Snappy-Flatpak-Deb-Rpm Abstraction Layer, so that you can deploy your brand new WMA nearly everywhere with a single package.

Does anybody want to help me?

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post
      I'd like to create WMAL, shorthand for Wayland-Mir-Abstraction-Layer: an abstraction layer that abstracts away the differences between Mir and Wayland. Then we could add WMA, shorthand for WMAL-MirAL-AL, which is yet another abstraction layer that abstracts away the differences between WMAL and MirAL. A wise choice now would be to create SFDRAL, shorthand for Snappy-Flatpak-Deb-Rpm Abstraction Layer, so that you can deploy your brand new WMA nearly everywhere with a single package.

Does anybody want to help me?
      It may look like a good idea at first, but don't you think that tracking changes from 2 separate projects would be a bit overkill?

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post

It may look like a good idea at first, but don't you think that tracking changes from 2 separate projects would be a bit overkill?
        You are absolutely right. We need UAL, the Universal Abstraction Layer, that abstracts away differences between anything you put inside it, so that we can wrap SFDRAL and WMA in a single project.

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post

You are absolutely right. We need UAL, the Universal Abstraction Layer, that abstracts away differences between anything you put inside it, so that we can wrap SFDRAL and WMA in a single project.
          lel
          I wouldn't be too surprised to see such a project emerge...

Comment

Working...
          X