Mageia 6 Has Been Running Months Behind Schedule, But It's Still Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mageia 6 Has Been Running Months Behind Schedule, But It's Still Coming

Phoronix: Mageia 6 Has Been Running Months Behind Schedule, But It's Still Coming

Samuel Verschelde of the Mandrake/Mandriva-forked Mageia Linux distribution has put out a blog post concerning the state of Mageia 6...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Been running 6 foe a while, Works well tbh, even plasma . Great with a AMD gpu as they enabled CIK support in kernel for 200 series GPU uses so to use the AMDGPU driver.

Not had the partitioning bug but there again I don't tend to do some weird configs.

Comment

dunno why they dont just kill off this Distro or just call it a " Rolling Release " kinda Distro only thiong i can think of is that there waiting for Gnome 3.24 to be released with it then they'll release 6?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
        dunno why they dont just kill off this Distro or just call it a " Rolling Release " kinda Distro only thiong i can think of is that there waiting for Gnome 3.24 to be released with it then they'll release 6?
        I thought (maybe wrongly) that Mandriva / Mageia was primarily a KDE-based distro?

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

I thought (maybe wrongly) that Mandriva / Mageia was primarily a KDE-based distro?
          it is but still comes with Gnome also. but this Distro is just about Dead just like Mandrivel was. but whats the point in releasing 6 when they can get in Gnome 3.24 also when its released, but also there are to many Distro's anyway

Comment

dunno why they dont just kill off this Distro
            this Distro is just about Dead
            I think you are confusing corporate computing with Open Source. In OSS no project "dies" until all development on it is halted, abandoned, or merged into another. Since Mageia is alive and well with rolling updates of major versions (a model that seems to work just fine for many of us), and continues to function wonderfully, there is no point in using words like "kill" or "dead". That's simply not how OSS works. For people like me who go all the way back to MDK's original fork of Red Hat, MGA is a fine continuation of that tradition. It seems to be just as useful as all the other distros I;ve tried or used. Anyways, I was glad to see someone from Mageia finally bring folks up to date about the present and future plans.

Comment

Working...
            X