Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 2.2 Offers CSMT Speed Optimizations

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 2.2 Offers CSMT Speed Optimizations

Wine-Staging 2.2 is now available as the latest version of Wine that carries various testing/experimental patches re-based atop the latest Wine bi-weekly development snapshot...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Things are finaly getting interesting in WINE...

Comment

Can something which increases overhead by dozens of times really be called an optimization? CPU utilization is a completely meaningless metric when that utilization is literally doing a tenth of what it should be because most of that overhead has absolutely nothing to do with what games actually should be trying to do.
      Last edited by duby229; 22 February 2017, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
        Well it's been amazing for quite a while with Gallium Nine.
        Too bad it's never gonna land in mainline Wine.

I'm just waiting for better (and affordable) AMD GPU's so I can play all Blizzard games on max gfx and 1440p at 60 fps.

Comment

I have been using PortableApps within a folder in Dropbox for several years and it works fine with windblows. Only recently has it really started to work with Linux. So Wine is definitely improving. But there are still problems and some of the apps just will not launch or have crippled functions. Can't wait for the day they all run perfectly in Linux

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
            You can say that when it starts running most DX10/11 programs out of the box.

Comment

Working...
            X