Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon R9 Fury X Gets LED Support With AMDGPU

Phoronix: Radeon R9 Fury X Gets LED Support With AMDGPU

With Radeon R9 Fury X graphics cards, their integrated red LEDs will now light-up according to the load of the GPU...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Seems like such a waste when you have a horizontally arranged row of LEDs and aren't doing the KITT scanner effect...

Comment

I know of at least one phoronix user who will be completely blown away by this, seeing how he has been regularly complaining about this for almost one year in those article comments.

I hope they are user-controllable as well. It's a shame those are not RGB, though. Good thing AMD fixed that with their Ryzen coolers :P

Comment

nice i couldn't think of an less useful feature RGB

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
          I know of at least one phoronix user who will be completely blown away by this, seeing how he has been regularly complaining about this for almost one year in those article comments.

I hope they are user-controllable as well. It's a shame those are not RGB, though. Good thing AMD fixed that with their Ryzen coolers :P
          They are not user controllable. They are controlled by the power management microcontroller.

Comment

So we don't have working power management right now, but working LEDs. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
              So we don't have working power management right now, but working LEDs. Nice.
              No such issues on Tonga must be a Fiji thing

Comment

Actually more like Fiji and Polaris, judging by the comments (I have an RX 480 myself and am affected by the issue) - might just be specific to Arch though and my comment was meant as a temporary rant, pretty sure it'll fix itself soon.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post

If you're referring to me, I'm the one who opened the bug report. And yes, I'm blown away by this support finally getting added - and just hours after posting a reminder. Massive shout-out to Alex.

You can't control the LED behaviour, but you can change the colour which I demonstrate here: https://youtu.be/C55DtdNMqoM?t=14m45s

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post

If you're referring to me, I'm the one who opened the bug report. And yes, I'm blown away by this support finally getting added - and just hours after posting a reminder. Massive shout-out to Alex.

You can't control the LED behaviour, but you can change the colour which I demonstrate here: https://youtu.be/C55DtdNMqoM?t=14m45s
                    Might very well be. Here are your posts mentioning it. (found with this query).
                    Do not take me wrong, I do not see anything wrong with requesting this feature (and sending a friendly reminder).

post, post, post, post, post, post, post.

Thanks for the tip about LED color. Usually, I prefer it when it is software-configurable, but at least, there is no driver issues with a physical switch :P
                    It's nice to see such reactivity from the devs now that there are less features left to implement.

Hopefully the LEDs on the Ryzen fans will be supported day one (I don't know anything more about them than they are RGB).

Comment

Working...
                    X