OpenWRT-Forked LEDE Releases 17.01, Presents At The Embedded Linux Conf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenWRT-Forked LEDE Releases 17.01, Presents At The Embedded Linux Conf

Phoronix: OpenWRT-Forked LEDE Releases 17.01, Presents At The Embedded Linux Conf

This week marks the 17.01.0 final release of the Linux Embedded Development Environment (LEDE). They also presented at this week's Linux Foundation Embedded Linux Conference about their project that's a fork of OpenWRT and aims for router/embedded use-cases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How much traction does this project have? How many developers left OpenWRT, and how many remained? Should I switch from using OpenWRT to LEDE?

Comment

Most of the development happens in LEDE now, the OpenWrt tree is nearly dead, but both project work on a reunion. I think by now all former OpenWrt devs should have commit access to LEDE (see here: http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail...er/000293.html ).
      I updated to LEDE from OpenWrt in December and it's completely stable, so I assume it's save to switch.
      If I got things right, LEDE will stay as the development-tree and future releases will happen under the OpenWrt name. Talks about the future of both projects happen on the lede-adm mailing list ( http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/lede-adm ).

Comment

Installed it yesterday, was quite happy until I found out it doesn't (and won't) support BCM4360, the chip responsible for AC WiFi in my router. Too bad. Gotta stick with DD-WRT (KongAC) for now.

Comment

Basically fork and remerge.... just like gcc -> ecgs -> gcc ... barely anyone even remembers that now.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
            Installed it yesterday, was quite happy until I found out Broadcom doesn't (and won't) publish an open driver for BCM4360, the chip responsible for AC WiFi in my router. Too bad. Gotta stick with DD-WRT (KongAC that has NDA with Broadcom and uses closed source drivers) for the forseeable future.
            fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              fixed.
              Oh I hate it when you do that shit. You're not wrong in this one instance, but it's just so ignorant. Horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                Oh I hate it when you do that shit. You're not wrong in this one instance, but it's just so ignorant. Horrible.
                That's exactly the reason I do it. To leave a more lasting impression.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  That's exactly the reason I do it. To leave a more lasting impression.
                  If it's worth being viewed as an asshole to ignore, all the power to you I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios747 View Post
                    If it's worth being viewed as an asshole to ignore, all the power to you I guess.
                    It's a little sacrifice for the Greater Good of All.

Comment

Working...
                    X