Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Git 2.12 Ships With A Variety Of Changes

Phoronix: Git 2.12 Ships With A Variety Of Changes

Junio Hamano announced on Friday the release of Git 2.12.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

updates for its p4 sub-command
    Does p4 refer to the Perforce-integration tool or whatever it was?

Comment

Any plans to move away from SHA-1?

Comment

When is git going to have something like Mercurial's incoming and outgoing, to see incoming and outgoing change sets? This is damned useful in hg.

Yes, I know you can see incoming and outgoing commits in git as well, but it's not as convenient as it is in hg. I can't ever remember off the top of my head in git and always have to look it up. How hard would it be to implement something like:

git incoming origin master

To see a list of incoming changes?

Comment

Originally posted by eggbert View Post
          When is git going to have something like Mercurial's incoming and outgoing, to see incoming and outgoing change sets? This is damned useful in hg.

Yes, I know you can see incoming and outgoing commits in git as well, but it's not as convenient as it is in hg. I can't ever remember off the top of my head in git and always have to look it up. How hard would it be to implement something like:

git incoming origin master

To see a list of incoming changes?
          If you know there is a command and it's just to hard to remember, create an alias:

Comment

Working...
          X