Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reiser4 Updated For The Linux 4.10 Kernel

Phoronix: Reiser4 Updated For The Linux 4.10 Kernel

The out-of-tree Reiser4 file-system has been updated for the Linux 4.10 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What are its killer features not available elsewhere? (forgive the pun)

Comment

Rename the thing already....

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
        Rename the thing already....
        Given the past decade of development, it would be more realistic to call it Shishkin4

Comment

Originally posted by Shimon View Post
          I dunno, but I'm dying to find out!

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
            I dunno, but I'm dying to find out!
            Ahh, there's nothing like a Reiser4 article to bring out assholes making tasteless jokes.

Comment

I think it has some correctional facilities.

Comment

Nothing really noteworthy by now. Most useful stuff has already been implemented in modern (ext4/xfs/f2fs) or next-gen (btrfs) filesystems.

Comment

Deploy today and receive a free New Samsung Note 7!

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    Nothing really noteworthy by now. Most useful stuff has already been implemented in modern (ext4/xfs/f2fs) or next-gen (btrfs) filesystems.
                    Actually, because the architecture is different, it's a much more flexible filesystem. With that said, there are certainly some intriguing features in the other filesystems, but IMHO, Reiser4 has more potential (apart from general non-technical disdain by the community). Having lived the curse of having ZFS inside a Linux system, it's wise to not use out of tree fileystems. They will bite you in the butt. ZFS, which really doesn't have many good features (and has many bad features - it's reallly "gold" for Solaris which has no good filesystems) is regarded as "ok". Sad that Reiser4 is merely a victim of its madman creator's namesake.

Oh... I think NinaFS might be a good name.

Comment

Working...
                    X