Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial PRIME Support Lands In RADV Radeon Vulkan Driver

Phoronix: Initial PRIME Support Lands In RADV Radeon Vulkan Driver

Back in November we saw patches for wiring in PRIME support to the RADV Vulkan driver and last week rewritten RADV PRIME code was released while this weekend it has landed in Mesa Git...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will be there something like GALLIUM_HUD for radv as well?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      Will be there something like GALLIUM_HUD for radv as well?
      That is our intention, but nobody has gotten to it yet.

Comment

I thought this already worked. Vulkan-detecting apps had no problem picking up the AMD GPU's Vulkan support as well as the Intel GPU's.

Comment

Originally posted by LLStarks View Post
          I thought this already worked. Vulkan-detecting apps had no problem picking up the AMD GPU's Vulkan support as well as the Intel GPU's.
          But do they handle rendering on a different GPU from the one the screen is on?

Comment

Originally posted by LLStarks View Post
            Yes this change wasn't about where the rendering was happening, it's about where the pixels are displayed.

If you've got a PRIME system you'll probably want to render using the dGPU, but as that's not connected to any screens you need to copy that over to the iGPU to see anything

That's what this patch does

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

Yes this change wasn't about where the rendering was happening, it's about where the pixels are displayed.

If you've got a PRIME system you'll probably want to render using the dGPU, but as that's not connected to any screens you need to copy that over to the iGPU to see anything

That's what this patch does
              So... With this, you will not be able to select what GPU will render a Vulkan game using DRI_PRIME=1, that will be done using the methods that Vulkan exposes to the game. The sole purpose of this patch is to allow the selected GPU to correctly send the rendered image to a display attached to another GPU.

Did I get it right?

Comment

Working...
              X