Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD's Ryzen Will Really Like A Newer Linux Kernel

Phoronix: AMD's Ryzen Will Really Like A Newer Linux Kernel

AMD's Ryzen CPU is finally shipping in a few days! If you are planning to be an early adopter of AMD Ryzen processors, you will really want to be running a newer Linux kernel release for proper support and performance...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    And thankfully received some information from a reliable source this weekend regarding regarding Ryzen support Linux requirements.
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Unless AMD miracuously pulls through

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typos:

Whoops, fixed. Thanks.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'm curious about the other AM4 features (like SATA and USB controllers), and whether they'll need a newer kernel.

Comment

I'd been meaning to donate. I'm looking forward to these benchmarks!

Comment

I'm very excited to see the benchmarks.

Comment

Michael, you mention you haven't received any testing samples. In case you really won't at all, what Ryzen CPU(s) will you buy on your own?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                Michael, you mention you haven't received any testing samples. In case you really won't at all, what Ryzen CPU(s) will you buy on your own?
                I strongly suspect that he's going to just order the AMD Ryzen 7 1700 + ASUS Prime X370-Pro from Amazon.

Comment

Curious about that Game Boost Knob seems MSI boards have, don't know for others? ... looks like easy overclock, that R7 1700 should go i guess from 3GHz to 3.8 just with just dialing the knob

Comment

Nice, i am looking forward to the benchmarks. I am, as always, only interested in CS:GO performance, so please do not forget it :P

Comment

Working...
                    X