Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Changes So Far For The Linux 4.11 Kernel

Phoronix: The Changes So Far For The Linux 4.11 Kernel

We are now through week one of two for the Linux 4.11 kernel merge window. I've already written a number of news posts this past week covering features I find interesting for Linux 4.11. If you are short on time and behind in your Phoronix reading, here's a quick overview of the material so far for this next major kernel bump...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Intuous? Isn't it Intuos?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Intuous? Isn't it Intuos?
      Yep, fixed. Thanks.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Would anyone know why after 4.8 my system hangs on the 2nd suspend/resume cycle consistently? I'm using Manjaro KDE, with 4.9 I either get a black screen or lockscreen with the cursor, input works for about a second then system freezes(cannot change TTY, have to restart system). On 4.10 input doesn't lockup I can move mouse fine, I can unlock to my DE and see all windows as they were but cannot seem to interact with them or switch TTY still. Maybe in 4.11 it'd improve again but is a little worrying since 4.9 is meant to be the new LTS.

Could it be powersaving changes? I'm using generic modesetting with Skylake iGPU, not sure if changes for that are only in X releases or kernel too, using 1.19 across the kernels. Nothing is written to the logs on disk, so presumably I/O halts before it gets a chance...kernel panic?

Comment

Working...
        X