Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV SteamVR Source Changes Now Public

Phoronix: RADV SteamVR Source Changes Now Public

Now that Vulkan 1.0.42 is public and it contains the extensions needed for SteamVR on Linux, the RADV changes are now public...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

@NeptNutz
    umm, isn't amdgpu-pro AMD's 'closed' driver!? why would Valve have anything development wise to do with that, I think you mean the open driver amdgpu? (notice -/-pro)
    Last edited by theriddick; 27 February 2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Michael , please fix link to Dave's blog.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
        umm, isn't amdgpu-pro AMD's 'private' internal driver!? why would valve have anything to do with that, I think you mean the open driver amdgpu? (notice -/-pro)
        Huh? AMDGPU-PRO has their proprietary Vulkan driver / their Vulkan driver in common with Windows / their Vulkan driver they haven't open-sourced yet.... I was noting that it hasn't been updated yet for 1.0.42.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yes I modified my post to make more sense, I probably misinterpreted the OP. That's me....

Comment

With the same requirements of windows or more?
            We will have steam test performance?

Comment

Originally posted by NeptNutz
              Valve really needs to get SteamOS up to speed on this, especially for AMD cards, with either a usable kernel for Mesa or a more accessible AMDGPU-PRO blob.
              Valve wants to drop AMDGPU PRO and go with MESA for AMD graphics cards. That's why they are paying people to work on MESA for AMD. But they can't switch just yet because RadV is too slow.

Comment

Working...
              X