Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unity 5.6 Shipping Next Month With Good Vulkan Support & More

Phoronix: Unity 5.6 Shipping Next Month With Good Vulkan Support & More

Unity Technologies had their keynote this morning at GDC 2017 where they talked about the plans for their game engine this year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope Ubisoft bring Grow Up! to Linux now that Vulkan support is arriving. Its frustrating to see Unity games as windows only when it works so well on multiple platforms.

Comment

Some Unity powered games like the System Shock reboot and Ballistic Overkill have Linux versions and I'd like to see if performance improves when they move to Vulkan. I'm using a GTX 970 (with the proprietary drivers) and performance kinda lacks under 1080p.

Comment

Think you have issues if you've got perf problems with Ballistic overkill.

That runs on a damn potato . Works exceptionally well on AMD too, 290x @1440p all high well into the 100's +

Comment

I'd like to see Cities: Skylines to get a Vulkan update. Performance in that game is pretty damn horroble on Linux, last time I checked I barely scratched the 20 FPS mark with a tiny little village (maybe 2k inhabitants) on screen. Solid 60 when looking at grass so it's not (only) the AI stuff bogging the game down.

Comment

Well, hopefully on the editor side they get to bring up HiDPI support on linux with the next version (windows has the same problem, only osx is ok).

Comment

MIT did this add-on to Unity called the “Relativistic Game Engine”, trying to show some of the effects of travelling close to the speed of light. Scott Manley (the Kerbal Space Program guy) does a demo of it here.

Comment

Originally posted by ldo17 View Post
                MIT did this add-on to Unity called the “Relativistic Game Engine”, trying to show some of the effects of travelling close to the speed of light. Scott Manley (the Kerbal Space Program guy) does a demo of it here.
                Wow, that's kinda alien experience.

Comment

Working...
                X