Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14-Way Intel/AMD Benchmarks On Ubuntu 17.04 + Linux 4.10

Phoronix: 14-Way Intel/AMD Benchmarks On Ubuntu 17.04 + Linux 4.10

In preparation for Ryzen tests coming up in the near future, I've been running some fresh benchmarks across a range of Intel and AMD x86_64 Linux systems. For those curious about the current performance of Ubuntu 17.04 daily with the Linux 4.10 kernel, here are benchmarks from 14 of the systems.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't see the 6600K in any of the benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      I don't see the 6600K in any of the benchmarks.
      Still need to re-run them.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Nice, Could be interesting to see how well the 1800x does.

Going on the benchmarks it obvious the real little gains from the 4790 and the 7700

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
          Yep there will be 1700 and 1800x Linux comparison.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Might be time to retire the 710 & 425. They're over 7 years old now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rose View Post
              Indeed, plan to after Ryzen launch.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rose View Post
                Old least matter, but these both sucking 95W power for no reason... even 3 year old 25W Athlon 5350 has similar perf with these (singlethread slightly slower - multithread slightly faster)

Should save Michael's power bill if that is idea... even that Core i7 990X should be be retired - 130W for nothing much, múlti is fine but single is slow - likely any HT Ryzen even on 65W will eat that.
                Last edited by dungeon; 28 February 2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Yep there will be 1700 and 1800x Linux comparison.
                  Does that mean AMD came through with a review sample of the 1800X in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post

Going on the benchmarks it obvious the real little gains from the 4790 and the 7700
                    Im hopeful for all versions of Ryzen. It likely won't beat intel in every test but will be good enough. It will be better than intel if they can keep all the cores running at full speed. This is key and frankly i hope Micheals test focus on threaded jobs.

As for Intel yeah they have forgotten why they àre in business.

Comment

Working...
                    X