Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2FS Feature Work For The Linux 4.11 Kernel

Phoronix: F2FS Feature Work For The Linux 4.11 Kernel

The Flash-Friendly File-System (F2FS) will see new features introduced with the Linux 4.11 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

new feature, but yet we still dont know how to make f2fs file-based encryption working ...

Comment

"- fix broken zone_reset behavior for SMR drive " lolwot?!

Comment

Would this be the preferred filesystem for SSD's users?

Comment

What are the advantages of F2FS vs EXT4 in SSD and SD cards?

Comment

Anyone any experience with F2FS? Is it stable?

Comment

currently which file system is installable into the ssds?

Comment

It's worked for a while. A big problem with it at least on arch is the systemd load order isn't correct and fails to boot. It has to be pointlessly adjusted manually. Last I checked it was better for flash performance wise than ext4 but not by much.

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyJack View Post
                  It's worked for a while. A big problem with it at least on arch is the systemd load order isn't correct and fails to boot. It has to be pointlessly adjusted manually. Last I checked it was better for flash performance wise than ext4 but not by much.
                  Ähm, what? Can you explain that please? I am running F2FS on my Arch Laptop right now so I would really like to know if there are any problems with it.

Comment

There aren't any problems with f2fs itself. It's very performant, and goes head to head with ext4 in terms of speed. The problem he is referring to is that you must manually add parameters to the mkinitcpio file in order for it to boot,involving crc32

Comment

Working...
                    X