Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fourteen NVIDIA GeForce GPUs Tested With DiRT Rally On Linux

Phoronix: Fourteen NVIDIA GeForce GPUs Tested With DiRT Rally On Linux

Just weeks after bringing HITMAN to Linux, Feral Interactive this morning has released another high profile game ported from Windows: DiRT Rally. DiRT Rally is now available for Linux gamers interested in a fun racing game. I've been benchmarking their Linux port the past few days and have both Radeon and NVIDIA results to share for launch-day. Here are fourteen NVIDIA GPUs tested with DiRT Rally on Ubuntu Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks Michael for not dropping the GTX 680 in your tests even with the age of the 680, very good benchmarks.

I would love see also any article about the current situation of the a bit older series like 400/500 or even the gt 220 that you had, can these outdated cards still be used by some casual games in maximum 1080p?

Comment

Originally posted by hlechner View Post
      Thanks Michael for not dropping the GTX 680 in your tests even with the age of the 680, very good benchmarks.

I would love see also any article about the current situation of the a bit older series like 400/500 or even the gt 220 that you had, can these outdated cards still be used by some casual games in maximum 1080p?
      Anything pre-Fermi would be really stretching it since they don't even have GL4 and are on legacy driver... My highest end Fermi is the GTX 460 and with only 768MB of vRAM would likely be running into video memory pressure issues. So long story short, no they probably wouldn't work well and thus weren't tested.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks Michael and thanks Feral for supporting the testing effort.

Comment

A GTX 580 does fantastic with Rocket League at 1440p.

Comment

Working...
          X