Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Linux Benchmarks

The day many of you have been waiting for is finally here: AMD Zen (Ryzen) processors are shipping! Thanks to AMD coming around at the last minute, I received a Ryzen 7 1800X yesterday evening and have been putting it through its paces. Here is my walkthrough of the Linux experience for the AMD Ryzen and new motherboard and a number of the initial Linux benchmarks for this high-end Zen CPU while much more coverage is coming in the hours and days ahead.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Before anyone asks, I will have some interesting Linux gaming Ryzen benchmarks within the next few hours...
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

That's amazing!

Comment

Very strong benchmarks. Super happy that AMD is competitive again!

Comment

FUCK YEAH! Welcome back, AMD! Screw Intel (the ripping company) in the @$$!

Comment

its very good but could have been better
            could be related to package optimizations(zen not being available on the compiler...)

Comment

Umm Michael, can there be a x264 benchmark? I do more video recording than converting to an ancient format.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                Umm Michael, can there be a x264 benchmark? I do more video recording than converting to an ancient format.
                Check OpenBenchmarking later and there will be some / in our follow up articles.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

So sweet! And that is on LAUNCH DAY! Remeber that! Now give it a few months until optimisations are in the SW, in gcc, kernel, wait until the mainboards are correctly supported and until the optimisations also arrive in stock distributions. I guess we will have eben better results then. And this was already very convincing.

Looking forward to see power figures and more tests. (Does newegg ship to EU meanwhile?)
                  Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
                    its very good but could have been better
                    Are you kidding? AMD has 1/10th of Intel's budget, developed an extremely new technology, achieved equal performance as Intel's Top Tier, and are selling the processors for half the price!
                    Last edited by Amarildo; 02 March 2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X