Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razer Is Planning Better Laptop Support On Linux

Phoronix: Razer Is Planning Better Laptop Support On Linux

Razer co-founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan has shared plans to improve their Linux support, at least when it comes to their Blade laptops...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool! I'd be even happier if they provided official Linux support for their peripherals.

Comment

Their eGPU was Interesting, a laptop with a eGPU seems like something I would consider for gaming if I didn't already have a custom build

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
        Their eGPU was Interesting, a laptop with a eGPU seems like something I would consider for gaming if I didn't already have a custom build
        Alienware have had them for a while, let you pick your own graphics card to put in it

Comment

I was seriously tempted to get a Razer laptop, if they had one with an AMD graphics card I certainly would have

Comment

Oh Razer, not Ryzen...

Comment

And how in hte heck they can give that? they are just an OEM, they don't make drivers. Apart from the mandatory "use AMD stuff plx", there isn't much they need to do.

Comment

Excellent, just as I bought a Razer Blade Stealth. Once the Core is released in Australia I'll be buying the Core as well. By better Linux support he might also be referring to things like adding a bios option to turn off Thunderbolt 3 Security. There are community bios hacks available which enable this option. Once Thunderbolt 3 security is disabled, the Razer Core can attach an external GPU under Linux. As the article mentioned. I noticed at PAX Aus last year that a LOT of game devs have switched to Razer Blade Stealths. It looks like they are eating Apple's lunch.

Comment

What other products should a company named “Razer” make, besides “Blade”? How about
                  • “Zedge”
                  • “Vlight”
                  • ”Ruckus”

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    And how in hte heck they can give that? they are just an OEM, they don't make drivers. Apart from the mandatory "use AMD stuff plx", there isn't much they need to do.
                    Wasn't there a major issue a couple of years back with the Blade's trackpad and keyboard not working under Linux in certain circumstances? Has it been solved yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X