Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valleyview & Cherryview To Get Atomic Mode-Setting Enabled

Phoronix: Valleyview & Cherryview To Get Atomic Mode-Setting Enabled

Intel's set to enable atomic mode-setting by default with code slated to land for the Linux 4.12 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh, we're getting nuclear pageflip at long last? Cool. (That's different than atomic modesetting, BTW...)
    Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
    Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayden View Post
      Oh, we're getting nuclear pageflip at long last? Cool. (That's different than atomic modesetting, BTW...)
      What's the difference? Don't these Cherryview's have lots of problems with sleep states (hangs the whole machine), no audio support in mainline kernel (only patches), hw acceleration disabled in Firefox by default. Not very convincing.

Comment

Intel should be embarrassed about their Bay Trail Linux support. From Kernel 3.16-4.1x they suffer from multiple locking and freezing issues. It was so bad on my J1900, I had to switch to Windows 10 which has several months of uptime without a single hickup. Whenever I try the latest kernel, I get a hard system freeze within 24 hours.

Last edited by slacka; 04 March 2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

deleted
          Last edited by RussianNeuroMancer; 08 March 2017, 10:25 AM. Reason: obsolete

Comment

Working...
          X