Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.11-rc1 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 4.11-rc1 Kernel Released

Linus Torvalds has announced the first test release of the upcoming Linux 4.11 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hm, well, that doesn't bode well for the chances of DC to get mainline in 4.12. Then again it was always a long shot to expect that.

Comment

Can someone test if with Kernel 4.11-rc1 the sound on AM4 mainboards with ALC 1220 codec is working now?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        Hm, well, that doesn't bode well for the chances of DC to get mainline in 4.12. Then again it was always a long shot to expect that.
        Is there any reason to expect DC to get mainlined until it is totally reworked?

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post

Is there any reason to expect DC to get mainlined until it is totally reworked?
          Well, they have been reworking it and Vega support won't come until DC lands.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Does anyone know anything about GCN 1.0/1.1 support for AMDGPU on kernel 4.11?

Comment

Originally posted by bcellin View Post
              Does anyone know anything about GCN 1.0/1.1 support for AMDGPU on kernel 4.11?
              Still experimental, need to adjust the Kconfig switch for said support.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thats sad to hear. AMDGPU works already fine on my HD7870 with Kernel 4.10. They should really enable AMDGPU support by default now.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Well, they have been reworking it and Vega support won't come until DC lands.
                  RIP mainline Vega support then.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

I have been using amdgpu driver with our Kaveri apu for two years.Also gcn 1.0 support is good, there is a lot of code for it. You need to make a custom kernel, see:
                    https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...in-living-room
                    I found another solution, as I didn't wan't to get into the hassle of compiling the kernel myself. Beware that the following only works for Ubuntu and is not the cleanest solution.

The solution for me was to upgrade Ubuntu 16.10 to 17.04 temporarily, so as to update ONLY the kernel packages (CIK is exposed by default in the 4.10 of 17.04), and then roll back the repositories to 16.10.

It's been working stable ever since and I can now launch DOtA 2 with Vulkan.
                    Last edited by Mez'; 06 March 2017, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X