Day of Infamy Officially Launching Later This Month, Official Linux Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day of Infamy Officially Launching Later This Month, Official Linux Support

Phoronix: Day of Infamy Officially Launching Later This Month, Official Linux Support

For those looking to enjoy a new WWII shooter game, Day of Infamy by New World Interactive is leaving Steam's Early Access later this month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is a source-engine game, so it will indeed run on basically any GPU.
    But you better have one hell of a CPU.
    I'm using a 4 GHz Phenom II, which barely is enough to manage 60 FPS, and Framedrops down to 40 are quite common.
    Basically, it's runs as shitty as any source engine game, especially on linux.

I'm playing at 2560x1600 with high details on a 7970, but FPS are the same on 1280x800 and low details, I'm CPU limited in any case.
    Doesn't help, that the "multicore-renderer" doesn't manage to utilize 2 cores out of my 6.

Edit: Just to clarify: Nothing against NWI, I very much enjoy Insurgency, and Day of Infamy is also enjoyable if you want a semi-realism WW2 shooter. Nothing they can do to improve the abysmal performance as long as they're on source. Luckily Insurgency: Sandstorm will switch to UE - I hope they will continue their linux support.
    Last edited by tg--; 10 March 2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X