Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QEMU 2.9 Is Being Prepped With New Functionality

Phoronix: QEMU 2.9 Is Being Prepped With New Functionality

QEMU 2.9-rc0 was tagged yesterday as this important piece of the open-source Linux virtualization stack prepares for its next major release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Here's a feature I would like: write a proper manual for the damn thing! The documentation is all over the place and most of it is obsolete.

Comment

And 2.8 still doesn't work properly... (at least on Arch)

Comment

fail build with gcc 6.3.1. needs add #include <sys/sysmacros.h> into linux-user/strace.c

Comment

When they will get 50% translation efficiency, wake me up.

Comment

Wow, so much qemu hate. In my experience it performs significantly better than anything else ... (x86_64 on x86_64 at least)

Comment

Originally posted by sl1pkn07 View Post
              fail build with gcc 6.3.1. needs add #include <sys/sysmacros.h> into linux-user/strace.c
              Actually, that's due to glibc-2.25.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                Wow, so much qemu hate. In my experience it performs significantly better than anything else ... (x86_64 on x86_64 at least)
                Actually full emulation of x64 is one of the slower modes, and hardware assisted virtualization is as fast as everywhere, practical 100%. Emulation of ARM is cooler. On a fast desktop it can emulate a slow phone.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

Actually full emulation of x64 is one of the slower modes, and hardware assisted virtualization is as fast as everywhere, practical 100%. Emulation of ARM is cooler. On a fast desktop it can emulate a slow phone.
                  Yeah without KVM it is a pain indeed. But I'm not too deep into it. What's the best (free) solution? VirtualBox?

Comment

i dont think we will much development on without hardware assisted virtualization front. with kvm linux virualization is almost as good as vmware just not as polished . proper linux shops wont complain though i am confident.

Comment

Working...
                    X