Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GNU Toolchain Has Made Much Progress So Far In 2017

Phoronix: The GNU Toolchain Has Made Much Progress So Far In 2017

Red Hat's Nick Clifton has written a lengthy update concerning the state of the GNU Toolchain as we near the end of the first quarter, 2017...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I might have missed something... They refuse to implement the standardized function memset_s but do implement non-standard explicit_bzero ??

Comment

Originally posted by wagaf View Post
      I might have missed something... They refuse to implement the standardized function memset_s but do implement non-standard explicit_bzero ??
      difference is that no one really uses memset_s (it's optional part of C11 standard) while explicit_bzero is a real thing used in BSD. And being compatible with BSD is good thing

Comment

Originally posted by arakan94 View Post

difference is that no one really uses memset_s (it's optional part of C11 standard) while explicit_bzero is a real thing used in BSD. And being compatible with BSD is good thing
        i'd say it's less good than being compatible with all parts of c11

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          i'd say it's less good than being compatible with all parts of c11
          Yeah - I'd do both memset_s and explicit_bzero.. And the original mistake was making parts of C11 optional - you can never really use any of it if you want to write multi-platform code.

Comment

Working...
          X