Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audacity 2.1.3 Released

Phoronix: Audacity 2.1.3 Released

Audacity 2.1.3 has been released as the latest version of this popular open-source audio software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When are they going to switch to GTK3 or Qt?

Comment

Possible typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      a new scrub ruller and pinned option

Comment

I think every thread on this forum begins by someone pointing out a project is either useless either depends on x library, followed by tildearrow reporting a typo and a few pages later debianxfce blaming pulseaudio or kde

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post
          I think every thread on this forum begins by someone pointing out a project is either useless either depends on x library, followed by tildearrow reporting a typo and a few pages later debianxfce blaming pulseaudio or kde
          Don't forget about uid313 complaining about everything that doesn't support Wayland natively and complaining about lack of HTML datetime in every Firefox release article. Oh, and everything should be completely rewritten in Rust.
          Last edited by DanL; 19 March 2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

so true

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
              When are they going to switch to GTK3 or Qt?
              First thing came to my mind, when they drop wxGTK :P

Comment

Any application that still uses GTK2 is just annoying these days. Especially with quirky theming integration in modern day KDE for GTK2. GTK3 ones work OK.

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post

First thing came to my mind, when they drop wxGTK :P
                  Well wx does support gtk3, but not all distros support it. Fedora for example has two versions, one build with either gtk version. Fedora's Audacity package is build with the gtk2 one, but I'm not sure if that's a limitation of Audacity, or if the maintainer is resistant to change.

Comment

I think i will install gtk1 and 20ish years old base xmms now to groove some music, just because i can't play game written in opengl instead of vulkan

Last edited by dungeon; 19 March 2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X