Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi VC4 HDMI Audio Support Coming To Linux 4.12

Phoronix: Raspberry Pi VC4 HDMI Audio Support Coming To Linux 4.12

The ongoing work for HDMI audio support with the VC4 DRM driver is being wrapped up and will be working in the Linux 4.12 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

rpi is the best supported arm board

Comment

Nice!

Now we just need a PI with a lot more RAM and better SSD support.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        rpi is the best supported arm board
        As far as I know of, it is the ONLY properly publicly-supported ARM board!

And from my recent interactions with proprietary-land, apparently the expensive NDA-covered support from most ARM chip vendors is generally pretty shoddy-to-non-existant too!

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
          Nice!

Now we just need a PI with a lot more RAM and better SSD support.
          If only! Unfortunately the 1G limit is set by the VideoCore system of the SOC. That will need an upgrade first.
          Then solder in a nice big chunk of than new Intel NV-ram stuff for lots of XIP goodness!

Comment

Originally posted by LaeMing View Post
            As far as I know of, it is the ONLY properly publicly-supported ARM board!
            I think DragonBoard 410c is also supported, as are a number of older boards from ARMv5 era.

Comment

Working...
            X