Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Sam Fusion 2017 Rolls Into Public Beta

Phoronix: Serious Sam Fusion 2017 Rolls Into Public Beta

Serious Sam Fusion 2017 has rolled out into public beta for Steam Linux gamers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This beta can be yours for 15 euros!

Comment

Tested on Ubuntu 16.04.2 /w RX 480 using padoka PPA -- its straight up broken. The game loads the menus but it won't actually load into the game. I just get a black screen. Vulkan immediately fails. I get a warning about unknown driver version when the game starts, but you can still load it anyway. Needs a bit more time to ferment I think

Comment

I tried it on openSUSE Tumbleweed with RX 460 and Vulkan. The open source driver crashed after i pressed apply, but with the amdgpu-pro vulkan driver it ran really well!! About 20 fps better than on windows with the same settings.

Comment

Originally posted by nesnomis View Post
          I tried it on openSUSE Tumbleweed with RX 460 and Vulkan. The open source driver crashed after i pressed apply, but with the amdgpu-pro vulkan driver it ran really well!! About 20 fps better than on windows with the same settings.
          Very cool. RADV hasn't had a tonne of attention yet, really there aren't a whole lot of vk titles out there, but as this number grows I expect to see a lot of great performance gains showing up. Shame I couldn't get the game to run even with opengl though, could still be something in my setup anyway though.

Comment

SS2 not coming confirmed: http://steamcommunity.com/app/564310...12133547031808

Comment

Working...
            X