New Engine Reset Capability Being Worked On For Intel DRM Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Engine Reset Capability Being Worked On For Intel DRM Linux Driver

Phoronix: New Engine Reset Capability Being Worked On For Intel DRM Linux Driver

With Broadwell "Gen 8" graphics and newer, there is better engine reset support in case of problems or hangs. The Intel DRM driver is still being wired up to take advantage of this better support under Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Dear God YES! Anything that improves stability of every developer's work-laptop is a huge win.

Comment

Any query advices to read about GPU engines in general? "GPU engine" query gives mostly articles about game engines.

Comment

Hope this works fine... Every time I use a dual monitor setup in my laptop I must login first in gnome shell, and only then connect the external monitor. Login with the external monitor atached ends in a driver crash and the computer hanged :'(

Comment

Working...
        X