Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shader Variants Support For Etnaviv Gallium3D

Phoronix: Shader Variants Support For Etnaviv Gallium3D

There is a new feature to talk about for Etnaviv Gallium3D, the open-source reverse-engineered driver designed for Vivante graphics cores...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They've been talking about the viability of Vulkan support on IRC this past couple of days. I'm not sure what the point of that would be but it's cool all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
      They've been talking about the viability of Vulkan support on IRC this past couple of days. I'm not sure what the point of that would be but it's cool all the same.
      Vivante engines are sometimes attached to anemic CPUs, I suspect there are some GL applications on Vivante platforms which easily fail to saturate the GPU due to other CPU load. The other reason could be as simple as wanting Android 7 (and later) support on Vivante. Shipping Vivante configurations have increased fill rate by a factor of 8 since the last generation, so it also seems they're getting more competitive.
      Last edited by microcode; 26 March 2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

A belated "Yay!" from me as I rebuild a patched kernel, hoping it will get etnaviv working on my Element14 SABRE Lite! etnadrm apparently works fine already on the Boundary Devices SABRE Lite.

Comment

Working...
        X