Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Interactive Vulkan-izes Mad Max

Phoronix: Feral Interactive Vulkan-izes Mad Max

Feral Interactive has pushed a Vulkan renderer for their recent Mad Max Linux port into public beta...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Gaming On Linux has already done a few simple benchmarks. The results are absolutely stunning:

Looking forward to your across-all-platforms benchmark.

Comment

Hopefully they will do the same for Deus EX : Mankind devided, it's a much more demanding game, and the difference here with the windows version is quite significant.

Comment

This is better than amazing. When the'll do this to several ports that run with DirectX 11 on Windows they will totally destroy Microsoft

Comment

Why do they keep optimizing old games? Mad Max is two years old, no DLC. I'm pretty sure everyone that was going to play the game already has, and isn't going back.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
            Why do they keep optimizing old games? Mad Max is two years old, no DLC. I'm pretty sure everyone that was going to play the game already has, and isn't going back.
            I bought it the other week, haven't got around to play it yet. So this is awesome as far as I'm concerned. And the more good Vulkan ports the better imho. Maybe they're using it as a test case for future game ports.

Comment

I bought it last Steam sale but haven't played through it yet, as I'm currently working through HITMAN. This is definitely going to make my gameplay experience a lot better.

Comment

Also, not sure if you noticed, phoronix, but Feral added a benchmark mode to the game :-)

Comment

Nice, very nice. Especially the fact that the open-source drivers will be supported. I'm surprised though, this is a Dx11 game on Windows, not a Dx12 one.

Why do they keep optimizing old games? Mad Max is two years old.
                  The Linux version is barely half a year old. Also, we might see more Vulkan games in the future, they have to start somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuxee View Post
                    Gaming On Linux has already done a few simple benchmarks. The results are absolutely stunning:

Looking forward to your across-all-platforms benchmark.
                    x2 performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    this is gonna be a good year for linux gaming

Comment

Working...
                    X