Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kdenlive's Status Ahead Of 17.04

Phoronix: Kdenlive's Status Ahead Of 17.04

The Kdenlive video editor project in the KDE camp has published a new status update concerning the health of the project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Kdenlive is a lot like GIMP: It has a weird name, one of the best open-source Linux-compatible applications of it's kind, but is in desperate need of more/better developers.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Kdenlive is a lot like GIMP: It has a weird name, one of the best open-source Linux-compatible applications of it's kind, but is in desperate need of more/better developers.
      Agree,
      I've been rooting for it for years now. It is the only Linux editor out that that has a feel close to that of Vegas which is what I used on the windows side.
      Before that it was Adobe Premiere. That I found to be so buggy and expensive it was not worth continuing. I recall an email exchange with their help desk about bugs in Premiere and the reply was "Oh, that is fixed in the new version. Please purchase".

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Agreed, although I do find the name less weird compared to GIMP (but it's still weird in its own kind).

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Righteous View Post
          I recall an email exchange with their help desk about bugs ... and the reply was "Oh, that is fixed in the new version. Please purchase".
          We do that with Open Source software, too. And we don’t offer any discounted upgrades: you have to pay the full $0 for the new version.

Comment

Working...
          X