Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xonotic 0.8.2 Released

Phoronix: Xonotic 0.8.2 Released

It's been more than one year since an update to Xonotic, the open-source first person shooter formerly from Nexuiz, but that changed today with the v0.8.2 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is _this_ the April Fools?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
      Is _this_ the April Fools?
      No, it seems like a genuine update to Xonotic. What's wrong with it?

Comment

Any improvements to graphics?

Use of OpenGL 4.5? Tesselation? Vulkan?

Comment

Bench scene still missrender or it is just broken

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
            More severe problem is when Debian "stable" and unstable are broken.
            You don't understand distro you use ... i would recommend Manjaro to you as they name Stable something which is alike Debian Testing, but is never frozen

Manjaro Testing is like Debian Unstable and Manjaro Unstable is like Debian Experimental... i think they exactly moved names as you like them to be twisted
            Last edited by dungeon; 02 April 2017, 04:51 AM.

Comment

I downloaded and played this today (on Debian testing+kernel 4.11.0rc4), and I was favorably impressed once I cranked up the graphics settings. My graphics card is an r7 250X using the radeon driver, and I appreciate what the game does with it in terms of detail, lighting, shadows, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X