Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARM Opens Up Compute Library With OpenCL & NEON Acceleration

Phoronix: ARM Opens Up Compute Library With OpenCL & NEON Acceleration

ARM has open-sourced a new compute library with GPU support via OpenCL as well as CPU support with NEON usage. This library has basic arithmetic functions but also goes further to offer color manipulation, convolution filters, SVM, SGEMMs, convolutional neural network building blocks, and more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great, I hope this pushes Intel to finally do the same with MKL.

Comment

Arm + Open Source? Did I miss something in the subterranean weather forecast?

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
        Arm + Open Source? Did I miss something in the subterranean weather forecast?
        Don't knock it!!! Really as long as they are going in the right direction we should celebrate.

Comment

Yeah, I agree... I'm happy that they're starting to open up more stuff. Both kernel and llvm back-ends for ARM hardware are welcome, and a CL runtime with NEON accel are completely welcome.

While I'd love them to open up their MALI GPU drivers as well, I'm not sure how wishful that thinking is. It's nice that lima exists, but the most recent commits for that driver are over a year ago, which indicates that the project is dead to me.

I've got devices with ARM CPUs/GPUs in them, and it'd be really nice to not lose software support on them due to a lack of blob drivers that are compatible with kernel version N+1.

Comment

Working...
          X