Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter Launches On Steam

Phoronix: Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter Launches On Steam

Croteam has done the full release of Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter on Steam today, just days after SSVR: The First Encounter left early access...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Everybody buy this to show your support
    -Cross platform engine
    -vulkan
    -VR on linux
    -Day 1 linux support

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
      Everybody buy this to show your support
      I'll show my support by getting SS4 on day one. Money I can spare by *not* buying an expensive VR device.

Comment

Normal second encounter is still nowhere, they're once again serving the extreme minority audience. I wonder what they do to make a living, if they can afford this every time.

Comment

I thought they said they will be releasing all the old SS Games for Linux? I'm not particularly interested in the VR fad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
            I thought they said they will be releasing all the old SS Games for Linux? I'm not particularly interested in the VR fad.
            They have. The HD versions of both The First Encounter and The Second Encounter (+DLC) are available now under Serious Sam Fusion. Since it is in beta, it is not visible in the store though. It is a bit strange because you buy TFE and TSE and you only see "Serious Sam Fusion (2017)" in your library, which then has TFE, TSE an TSE DLC as DLCs. Unfortunately, you're a bit late. The Serious Sam HD Gold collection was pretty cheap last week.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
              Normal second encounter is still nowhere, they're once again serving the extreme minority audience. I wonder what they do to make a living, if they can afford this every time.
              It is. You can find it under Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter on Steam.
              It also supports cross play with other platforms, both VR and non VR.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                As Ehvis said, both Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter and Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter are available on Steam, and offer integration with Serious Sam Fusion. They both have cross-platform support.

Comment

Working...
                X