Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Out Xonotic 0.8.2 With Radeon & NVIDIA GPUs On Linux

Phoronix: Trying Out Xonotic 0.8.2 With Radeon & NVIDIA GPUs On Linux

With Xonotic 0.8.2 having been released this past weekend and was the first update to this open-source game in more than one year, I was curious to put it through its benchmark paces...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

470 destroys 1060 on ultimate settings, but nvidiots will come up with excuses

Comment

Being "on par" is not exactly what I'd call "destroying", but it's impressive enough considering that the 1060 usually beats the slightly faster 480.

... the only problem is that no one seems to play Xonotic anymore. I used to play Nexuiz quite a lot before silly things happened, now I'm playing OpenArena because it's a lot easier to find a non-empty server there.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
        ... the only problem is that no one seems to play Xonotic anymore. I used to play Nexuiz quite a lot before silly things happened, now I'm playing OpenArena because it's a lot easier to find a non-empty server there.
        I play Xonotic every evening! xD

Comment

According to the stats tracking, there were over 400 players in the game over the last 24h. Not much, but hardly "no one".

I also wish there were more people, I'm getting sick of instagib with grappling hook and the same few maps on the only 2 populated servers around Europe afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
            Being "on par" is not exactly what I'd call "destroying", but it's impressive enough considering that the 1060 usually beats the slightly faster 480.

and the fury destroys everything. imagine what a fury x would do here...

Comment

He, he, i only see crap on that benchmark screenshots, bench is obviosly broken ... probably the best if someone can record new demo (of some of these newer maps and weapons) and then benchmarking that
              Last edited by dungeon; 05 April 2017, 03:24 AM.

Comment

With my R9 Nano I should expect +120fps on 4k.
                4k would be nice... But I don't want a gaming monitor on the other hand. Choices choices...

Comment

As i see AMD added 8K support to Windows new serie 17.10 driver.... so it is possible to kill any GPU perf even with Xonotic if res is big enough

Comment

Working...
                  X