No announcement yet.

Chrome/Chromium Lands Initial Support For Native Linux Desktop Notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome/Chromium Lands Initial Support For Native Linux Desktop Notifications

Phoronix: Chrome/Chromium Lands Initial Support For Native Linux Desktop Notifications

Landing today within Git for Google's Chrome/Chromium web-browser is initial support for supporting native desktop notifications under Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice. Web pages spamming the desktop with notifications.

"Would you like to subscribe?"
    "Would you like to get spam?"

Who the hell came up with this idea?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      Who the hell came up with this idea?
      the same guy/girl who made this an per website, opt-in, option

Lets hope with this change, steam finally will support native notifications!

However, finally it's there! Great work

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        Nice. Web pages spamming the desktop with notifications.
        Before they can use it you have to allow the site to use it. This with the usual "ask every time/never" option.

It would be nice if Firefox also supported the dbus spec!

Comment

Finally! This is one of the few things that I truly missed from firefox. I use pushbullet a lot and the ugly chrome notifications just kill me!

Comment

Of course. Ubuntu is an exception...

Comment

I'm a bit surprised it took them so long. It's not like this is the most complicated thing to implement.

Comment

Originally posted by bkor View Post

Before they can use it you have to allow the site to use it. This with the usual "ask every time/never" option.

It would be nice if Firefox also supported the dbus spec!
                You'll asked per 2-3 days, per 1 sites for notifications if you not allowing the notifications from said sites. Great,right?

Comment

Originally posted by lindgrenj6 View Post
                  Finally! This is one of the few things that I truly missed from firefox. I use pushbullet a lot and the ugly chrome notifications just kill me!

Comment

Oops it looks like I was a bit vague, what I meant was that Pushbullet always worked great in firefox with respect to notifications, chrome is the only one that doesn't use native.

Comment

Working...
                    X