Polychromatic 0.3.8 Gives Greater Unofficial Love To Razer Devices On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polychromatic 0.3.8 Gives Greater Unofficial Love To Razer Devices On Linux

Phoronix: Polychromatic 0.3.8 Gives Greater Unofficial Love To Razer Devices On Linux

While Razer is exploring better Linux support for its products and not just limited to laptops, for now they don't have any official Linux configuration software for their products. Fortunately, community solutions exist, including Polychromatic that's been one of the more popular Razer open-source configuration tools in recent times...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A long time ago, when I first tried Polychromatic, the experience let me down. I had to restart the daemon every single time my devices were disconnected by this buggy USB hub. And I didn't like the Ripple effect. It really didn't feel like Windows. Too slow and stutter-y. This let me to ditch Polychromatic and write my own software for it.

I have not tried Polychromatic in a long time, but will do soon. I don't expect much though. Thank you for the article!

Comment

I bought a Razer Blade Stealth and Core three weeks ago and I use Polychromatic. I was surprised at how well the Razer LED functions are supported on Linux with minimal configuration effort. The Core's LEDs work as well as the laptop keyboards.

Comment

Too bad you have to suffer with the weird "gaming" GUI instead of a normal GUI that blends in well with the rest of the system.

Comment

Working...
        X