Intel Linux Developers Begin Bringup Of Cannonlake & Cannonpoint PCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Linux Developers Begin Bringup Of Cannonlake & Cannonpoint PCH

Phoronix: Intel Linux Developers Begin Bringup Of Cannonlake & Cannonpoint PCH

Intel's open-source Linux graphics driver developers have begun publishing patches for initial hardware enablement of Cannonlake's "Gen 10" graphics and the Cannonpoint PCH...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope they bring something good, because as far as I understand, the Kaby Lake graphics is not much better than Skylake which is not much better than Broadwell.

AMD have launched the first generation Ryzen which doesn't have any iGPU, but the next generation Ryzen will, and it will probably be really good.

Comment

They need to stabilise Kabylake first. It's unstable junk compared to Sandybridge.

Comment

hope the upcoming Zen 2 Pinnacle Ridge kicks Canonlake ass

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I hope they bring something good, because as far as I understand, the Kaby Lake graphics is not much better than Skylake which is not much better than Broadwell.

AMD have launched the first generation Ryzen which doesn't have any iGPU, but the next generation Ryzen will, and it will probably be really good.
          Well Intel made lots of positive sounding noises about the Kaby Lake Iris GPU upgrades, something mentioned around 200%... and shipping in March. Here it is april and none of the mentioned laptops or NUCs are shipping. Anyone heard anything? I'd love to get a nice small NUC with a fast enough GPU for some light gaming (like say 1080P minecraft or various Web/WebGL games).

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Intel make some pretty promising sounding noises about the Kaby Lake IRIS GPU. I think the mentioned something like 100% faster for some reasonable sounding use case. But it was supposed to ship last month. I've seen no mention of shipping laptops or NUCs that were expected in the March and April time frame.

Has anyone heard anything?

Comment

But still no GCC patches. Which could indicate it either behaves like Skylake or like Skylake-AVX512 (the two latest intel archs in gcc, and the latter still unused).

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
                They need to stabilise Kabylake first. It's unstable junk compared to Sandybridge.
                Are there any bug reports?

Comment

Working...
                X