Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Shuttleworth Reportedly Returning To Role As Canonical CEO

Phoronix: Mark Shuttleworth Reportedly Returning To Role As Canonical CEO

There's a big meeting going on today at Canonical regarding changes being made at the company. This follows the dramatic news this week of Ubuntu dropping Unity 8 and switching back to GNOME Shell. There's now information obtained that Mark is planning to reprise the role of CEO...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

face it, Ubuntu is a sinking ship, Darth Vader will Destroy the Ubuntu Planet

Comment

Linux has always been a sinking ship...it never had any marketshare. Lets' face it, anything not Ubuntu is ten years behind. Without Unity I might still be on Windows.

Comment

I hope this will serve to rally and mobilize the community.

Comment

Originally posted by mike44 View Post
          Linux has always been a sinking ship...it never had any marketshare. Lets' face it, anything not Ubuntu is ten years behind. Without Unity I might still be on Windows.
          Linux is extremely successful, perhaps you mean the application of it for traditional desktop purposes. If it weren't for Windows heck even I might be still on Windows.

Comment

Mark had originally stepped down from being the CEO to focus on product design, partnerships, customers, and other areas.
            How that worked out? I think the reason of his return will be to drive the sell of the company. No problem with that however, it is his own creation after all.

Comment

The success stories of Yahoo, IBM, AMD and now Canonical are perfect proof that we need even more quotas for women in every field, especially in IT, because equality or something.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
                The success stories of Yahoo, IBM, AMD and now Canonical are perfect proof that we need even more quotas for women in every field, especially in IT, because equality or something.
                You forgot HP.

In July 1999, HP appointed Carly Fiorina as CEO, the first female CEO of a company in the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Fiorina served as CEO during the technology downturn of the early 2000s. During her tenure, the market value of HP halved and the company cut jobs heavily. The HP Board of Directors asked Fiorina to step down in 2005, and she resigned on February 9, 2005.

Comment

the success stories of yahoo, ibm, amd and now canonical are perfect proof that we need even more quotas for women in every field, especially in it, because equality or something.
                  Do not feed

Comment

While I don't want to feed the troll, which this post absolutely is, I do have some perspective here, in that I have worked for both Canonical and HP, under the leadership of Jane Silber and Meg Whitman, respectively.

Jane. Is. Awesome. She's a fantastic CEO and a great person. She's one of the many people I miss from Canonical. Nothing to do with her being a woman.

Meg... I've never met her, so I do not know what she is like as a person, but I did not feel she was a good CEO. Nothing to do with her being a woman.

Comment

Working...
                    X