Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You'll Need To Wait Until Next Week To Torture Your Linux GPU With Superposition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'll Need To Wait Until Next Week To Torture Your Linux GPU With Superposition

Phoronix: You'll Need To Wait Until Next Week To Torture Your Linux GPU With Superposition

Unigine's first public Unigine 2 tech demo, Superposition, was due to be released yesterday (6 April) but was delayed at the last minute. But next week Linux users -- including RadeonSI users -- should be able to have fun torturing your hardware with this demanding OpenGL benchmark...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, blink once if this was that benchmark under a embargo, or blink twice if it was not...

Comment

Michael the youtube video was still unlisted, did you notice it?
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        Michael, blink once if this was that benchmark under a embargo, or blink twice if it was not...
        Feral announced that they are working on some "amazing secret". Unless I'm starting to confuse things that happened ~1-2 weeks ago I almost bet it's about that. That said, I totally agree with reddit that a Nier Automata port absolutely needs to happen at some point.
        Last edited by VikingGe; 07 April 2017, 09:14 PM.

Comment

The daily reminder that Vega is still nowhere to be found...

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            The daily reminder that Vega is still nowhere to be found...
            Since when do we know its H1 2017? A year?

Maybe they take their sweet time to polish it the right way and don't release a rush-job like Polaris was. In the end, I'm buying such expensive GPUs (if I spend more than 300 bucks) for several years. My current 7970 is now 5 and a half years old - a similar thing will happen with Vega. Of course thats just me, maybe you have a real demand to upgrade, but its only 4-7 weeks from now.

What I'm more interested in, is the X390 chipset with the new Ryzen version giving 16C/32T for a real computing powerhouse. Combined with Vega, thats a small cluster @home.

Comment

how and where to get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                how and where to get it?
                It's being released next week.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I like the guy with 4 screens and 18 windows opened at 0:48, with a 'top' running!

Comment

I wonder what took them so long if Vulkan is not in there.

Comment

Working...
                    X