Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender 2.79 Is Bringing Performance Improvements, Better OpenCL

Phoronix: Blender 2.79 Is Bringing Performance Improvements, Better OpenCL

Blender 2.79 is under development and it sounds like this release should be quite exciting for those into performance improvements or better OpenCL support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow, that's truly a quality release! Stability and performance is key for feeling professional!

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
      Wow, that's truly a quality release! Stability and performance is key for feeling professional!
      It's a quality release that doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

It's a quality release that doesn't exist.
        Ignoring stupid semantics, a build does exist for testing and QA:
        Continuous build delivery with the latest features and fixes. Use at your own risk!

Comment

Blender is like the Rodney Dangerfield of CG software: it don’t get no respect.

But that is changing...

Comment

Originally posted by numasan View Post

Ignoring stupid semantics, a build does exist for testing and QA:
            https://www.builder.blender.org/download/
            Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not seeing all those changes in the Linux build. I don't have Windows to test and verify.

And it is titles like this: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14097948

I wish were true but is just plain wrong. Half the features in CUDA are still missing in OpenCL.

Comment

Working...
            X