Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.24.1 Released

Phoronix: GNOME 3.24.1 Released

Matthias Clasen has announced the first point release to last month's big GNOME 3.24 desktop release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish this to be in Debian Stretch.

But it'll no happen as it's frozen.

Comment

Still awaiting for GNOME 3.24 to come to Arch. Anyone has idea of when?

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
        I wish this to be in Debian Stretch.

But it'll no happen as it's frozen.
        Looks like it's in the works...

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post
          I'm kinda suprized it still didn't landed, there must have been some serious bugs they wanted to avoid, I don't even know if it's in testing repository (assume it is). Myabe they will skip 24 and go directly to 24.1.

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post

I'm kinda suprized it still didn't landed, there must have been some serious bugs they wanted to avoid, I don't even know if it's in testing repository (assume it is). Myabe they will skip 24 and go directly to 24.1.
            It's explained here: https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/c...sting/dfh7kn3/

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
              Nice work. Updates to the reference desktop is always good. This will benefit the majority of desktop users.
              if (gnomeThreadFound) {
              println([dictionary:randomCompliment] + [dictionary:randomSentenceAboutGnome])
              }

=====
              Result:

"Good job. Update is progress. Progress driven by the major desktop for the majority of all Linux users."

Nice bot Griffin.

Comment

Has it not landed still? Funny, Arch usually is the fastest with most things but this time Solus will probably beat them as GNOME 3.24 is already in SolusUnstable and will land in stable this weekend (if everything goes well).

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post

Gnome 3.24 should be a fairly easy upgrade. GTK is still 3.22 and stability is promised.
                  Exactly. 3.24 is running stable on my Solus so far.

Comment

Its in [gnome-unstable], the main reason its not in [testing] is because developers are busy with openssl-1.1.0 rebuild.

On the topic: have anyone tried wayland on nvidia? I did try gnome-unstable 3.24.0 version, and while it works (even Xwayland) everything is very laggy, mouse cursosr lags very hard when moving over anything that is not background.

Comment

Working...
                    X