Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Shuttleworth Is Indeed Taking Back Over As Canonical CEO

Phoronix: Mark Shuttleworth Is Indeed Taking Back Over As Canonical CEO

Last week we were the first to exclusively report that Jane Silber would be out as Canonical's CEO with Mark Shuttleworth returning to the role as CEO. Today, Jane Silber has publicly announced she's indeed stepping down...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does the timing here mean anything?

Mark is CEO until early 2010, Jane becomes CEO, Ubuntu Unity is introduced in 10.10
    All of the lifespan of Ubuntu's Unity.
    Mark announces Unity will be abandoned, Mark Announces he is taking over for Jane.

Coincidence? I'm just curious.

Comment

"a new phase of accelerated growth." Spoken like a politician.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
        "a new phase of accelerated growth." Spoken like a politician.
        Insulted customers like a sheep

Comment

Originally posted by lunarcloud View Post

Mark is CEO until early 2010, Jane becomes CEO, Ubuntu Unity is introduced in 10.10
          Mark announces Unity will be abandoned, Mark Announces he is taking over for Jane.

I think not. There is no coincidence in an enterprise. Maybe we can consider Jane has failed in its role, and that's why Mark recover the leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by Xorg View Post

I think not. There is no coincidence in an enterprise. Maybe we can consider Jane has failed in its role, and that's why Mark recover the leadership.
            Or they're just reducing overhead [read: excess employees ], and using Mark as CEO reduces a position.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarcloud View Post

Mark has always been the boss, this is just a figurehead change meant to show there is something "changing".

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post

Or they're just reducing overhead [read: excess employees ], and using Mark as CEO reduces a position.
                The girl said she will still be in board of directors, so it's a nope.

As a general rule of thumb, managment is the last kind of emplyee to be fired, well after engineers.

Comment

"Make Ubuntu great again"

Comment

Could you please also get rid of Gnome 3 then? Either go for Mate, XFCE or Cinnamon. (;

Comment

Working...
                    X