Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumina Desktop Environment 1.3 Preparing For Release

Phoronix: Lumina Desktop Environment 1.3 Preparing For Release

TrueOS developers continue working on their Lumina Desktop Environment and coming up soon is the v1.3 release of their Qt5-powered desktop environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That looks pretty dang sweet. I am still very partial to ubuntu studio's desktop asthetics.
    Last edited by creative; 14 April 2017, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Definitely had a lot of work since I last saw it. Looking good!

Comment

It looks so much better now. I'm just waiting for them to do something about the titlebars...

Comment

Not sure whether it is a trait of the Qt5 toolkit, but it looks almost like a carbon copy of Plasma 5 with different theming.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post
            That looks pretty dang sweet. I am still very partial to ubuntu studio's desktop asthetics.
            And once you dig into it, it's a mess. Illogical/unestethic (start) menu design annoys me the most about Lumina. "Preferences" and so forth. It feels like designer has never put his/her hand on Lumina and it's just bunch of stuff thrown together at random by coders themselves. Some of the selections you do/options you choose, have no effect.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

And once you dig into it, it's a mess. Illogical/unestethic (start) menu design annoys me the most about Lumina. "Preferences" and so forth. It feels like designer has never put his/her hand on Lumina and it's just bunch of stuff thrown together at random by coders themselves. Some of the selections you do/options you choose, have no effect.
              Did you try it on TrueOS or did you install it on Linux (Arch, for example, has it unofficially available to install)?

Comment

It seems to be evolving nicely. The last time I tried was at 1.0. I think it's time to test it again to see how it's going. Nice work!

Comment

> > That looks pretty dang sweet

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                  Not sure whether it is a trait of the Qt5 toolkit, but it looks almost like a carbon copy of Plasma 5 with different theming.
                  It looks like it's using KDE Plasma's "Breeze Dark" desktop theme (https://www.ryananddebi.com/wp-conte...6/09/look3.png), which is understandable, because it's very nice :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
                    > > That looks pretty dang sweet

It looks like it's using KDE Plasma's "Breeze Dark" desktop theme (https://www.ryananddebi.com/wp-conte...6/09/look3.png), which is understandable, because it's very nice :-)
                    I have not used KDE for years my distribution does not have it in its repos but I could still install it, its just that the custom xfce wm on my system is already very satisfying but its really cool seeing what options are out there and what other people are running.

Comment

Working...
                    X