Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babe: KDE Gets Another Music Player

Phoronix: Babe: KDE Gets Another Music Player

Not to be confused with the KDE Elisa music player written about just two weeks ago as a new alternative to Juk, Amarok, Cantata, and other KDE music/media player projects, the latest effort is called Babe...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And here's the promo video:
    Apple Inc. (Organization),Ipod,Iphone,Apple (band),Touch,Music Video (Product Line),Review,New,Ipod Touch,Store,3gs,Itunes 4g

Comment

Playlist seems like an concept that is pretty outdated. There is so much potential for services such as Spotify, iTunes and Google Music to offer computed playlists from metadata.

Example, if I have a song, I don't want to add it to my rock playlist and my 80s playlist.
      I want to add it to my collection of music that I like.
      Then I want the music player to list my music in categories compiled from metadata.
      So when I add a song my music collection it appears both under the rock category and the 80s music category.

Comment

I usually listen to the same songs for a while and thus don't need anything more than a good, clear playlist.
        Might take a look at Babe, but in general I wished people would spend more time programming plugins for DeadBeef (e.g. for a fadeout feature like in foobar2000) than for new players.

Oh, and I btw. totally don't care that DeadBeef's UI is GTK, works and looks fine on Plasma.

Comment

Streaming services are cancer.

This said, what's missing from this and every other muskick player, is Video support!

Both Windsor and iStuffs unified video and muskick (and pictures!) on a single app, which makes for a much easier media access. Expecially nowadays that ppl can use YT videos mixed with shtreming services as their way of consuming media, we def need a unified player rather than one that focuses on Musckick alone, so that you can route everything through it and categorize everything more easily.

Comment

Another media player, been there, done that, KDE 5 broke it:
            Advanced media player for Plasma which lets you to listen to your favorite music and watch videos directly on your desktop.Developed and tested on KDE 4.8 with Qt 4.8 (Kubuntu 12.04).Warning!Video...

Comment

Originally posted by Emdek View Post
              Another media player, been there, done that, KDE 5 broke it:
              Advanced media player for Plasma which lets you to listen to your favorite music and watch videos directly on your desktop.Developed and tested on KDE 4.8 with Qt 4.8 (Kubuntu 12.04).Warning!Video...
              Not beeing maintained anymore broke it. Plasma5 has nothing to do with it

Comment

@lunks, not entirely true, it cannot be maintained, it needs to be rewritten from scratch, thanks to completely ditching backwards compatibility, which was already done for 4.x.
                And seeing what are they doing they will break it all more or less sooner or later. ;-)

Comment

Looks very windows 10-ish.

Comment

VLC and you never use anything else anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X