Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament 0.1.10 Released

Phoronix: Unreal Tournament 0.1.10 Released

Epic Games has announced their April update to their cross-platform, free-to-play Unreal Tournament game, v0.1.10...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cross platform? Perhaps, but not on Linux: https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...sted-4-18-2017 :/

[EDIT]: I'm dumb! I scanned over the comment, saw server on a line, so assumed the paragraph with the 'YES' URLs was just for server versions.
    Last edited by wdb974; 18 April 2017, 03:55 PM. Reason: That totally was a brainfart.

Comment

Originally posted by wdb974 View Post
      Cross platform? Perhaps, but not on Linux: https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...sted-4-18-2017 :/
      What did you mean? "Cross platform" means you can play the game on multiple platforms, and your link contains exactly that...

Comment

Check out the links.

"the Linux client" links to UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-3361702-Linux.zip
        "the Windows server" links to UnrealTournament-Server-XAN-3395761-Linux.zip
        "the Linux server" links to UnrealTournament-Server-XAN-3395761-Win64.zip

So, the linux client is an old version of the game, the windows server is an up to date linux server and the linux server is the windows server.

We have seven free community made maps available in the UT Marketplace in the Epic Games Launcher.
        They are still hiding their free of cost content and access to their ENTIRE asset shop behind a proprietary windows-only application for no reason whatsoever.

For Linux clients, you can click HERE to get them.
        There is nothing usable in the linked thread. There's one link to https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour.../mapunlock.php but it just says "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

Comment

Originally posted by wdb974 View Post
          There are Linux releases, they're just not actively advertised and there are fewer of them.

I really wish they'd devote more time and attention toward this instead of Paragon. UT4 has been in pre-alpha for way too long.

Comment

I did not download it yet - but check the post mentioned again. It looks like they updated the post and added an up-to-date Linux client!

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
              Check out the links.

"the Linux client" links to UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-3361702-Linux.zip
              "the Windows server" links to UnrealTournament-Server-XAN-3395761-Linux.zip
              "the Linux server" links to UnrealTournament-Server-XAN-3395761-Win64.zip

So, the linux client is an old version of the game, the windows server is an up to date linux server and the linux server is the windows server.

They are still hiding their free of cost content and access to their ENTIRE asset shop behind a proprietary windows-only application for no reason whatsoever.

There is nothing usable in the linked thread. There's one link to https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour.../mapunlock.php but it just says "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."
              Might have been old link, it's now refers to UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-3395761-Linux.zip

Is there Vulkan yet? Haven't been following unreal engine progress for a while.

Comment

So, uh, can anyone get this thing to run?

After chmod'ing +x the file: Unreal Tournament/Engine/Binaries/Linux/UE4-Linux-Shipping

$ ./UE4-Linux-Shipping
                Using binned.
                4.15.0-3395761+++UT+Release-Next 511 0
                Disabling core dumps.
                Project file not found: ../../../UE4/UE4.uproject

Preparing to exit.Shutting down and abandoning module SandboxFile (4)Shutting down and abandoning module PakFile (2)Exiting.Tearing down SDL.Exiting abnormally (error code: 1)

with a popup saying: "Failed to open descriptor file '../../../UE4/UE4.uproject'"

Pretty sloppy release overall :/

Comment

UT3 is the only game that I almost bought simply because of the promised Linux support. To this day, I congratulate myself I almost bought it.

Comment

Yes, they are all 3395761 now.

/LE: Of course it's now AFTER I've downloaded 10Gb ofcourseeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Working...
                    X