Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphany 3.25.1 Released, Ported To Meson

Phoronix: Epiphany 3.25.1 Released, Ported To Meson

Epiphany 3.25.1 has been released as the latest update for GNOME's Web Browser in what will be part of GNOME 3.26 this September...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Meson is really picking up steam. With GTK & Gnome components, Xorg, Mesa, and systemd on board maybe it's time I looked at it for my personal projects.

Comment

The cool thing with Epiphany is it can save launchers (you find them like normal applications in dash or your menu in GNOME) to websites which run a Epiphany instance with minimal chrome without any toolbar, menubar or URL address bar.

So you can save launchers for Gmail, Google Maps, Google Keep, Google Calendar, etc.

I wish there was a package that just included launchers for Google apps.

Comment

Epiphany used to conflict with Pulse Audio (?) in a way that it pushed volume 100 % when watching for example youtube videos. So Epiphany was unusable. The bug existed years and I doubt it has been fixed. There was a solution to change one config file, but if I remember correctly it messed something else.

Comment

It seems meson is the new kid on the block.

Comment

It works fine on elementary OS .

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
              Epiphany used to conflict with Pulse Audio (?) in a way that it pushed volume 100 % when watching for example youtube videos. So Epiphany was unusable. The bug existed years and I doubt it has been fixed. There was a solution to change one config file, but if I remember correctly it messed something else.
              That's standard behavior for non-Pulse-Audio-aware applications (i.e. stuff coded like shit, given that Pulse is kinda standard everywhere since a long while, there was a lot of time to fix that). They think they have per-app volume while for PulseAudio (default options) there is none, so they boost at 100% system volume on startup.

You can change that setting in PulseAudio config file to act like ALSA (that had a system master volume that was untouchable by apps), but then you need to pull up 2 volumes (app and then system's) when you want to really boost volume.

Or go harass the developer to fix this basic stuff if he has any kind of self-esteem (<----recommended option)

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
                Some webkitgtk developer told me that this is a pattern of w3c specification. The app volume has to respect the volume set on video control. So you have to change the volume on youtube video player, for example.
                There will be a bug if the html5 video player didn't keep that configuration.

Comment

Working...
                X