Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Shell & Mutter 3.25.1 Released

Phoronix: GNOME Shell & Mutter 3.25.1 Released

The first development snapshots of GNOME Shell and Mutter in the 3.25 series were released today in preparation for this week's GNOME 3.25.1 milestone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This might sound like a small thing to get worked up about, but one of my biggest annoyances with gnome shell is the overview animation lag. As a K user I'm not really bothered, but I still can't believe this hasn't been spotted and fixed in the two years since I first noticed this problem while trying out gnome 3 for the first time. Seriously, do other people not notice this?

( Griffin Got an explanation for this? : )

Comment

have you noticed how smaaaall the icons get once you populated the dock with few extra favorites? I'm on a 15.4" laptop, my sight is perfect but they become almost too little to recognise them, AND way smaller then Files icons if you have it open. Don't you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by ⲣⲂaggins View Post
        This might sound like a small thing to get worked up about, but one of my biggest annoyances with gnome shell is the overview animation lag. As a K user I'm not really bothered, but I still can't believe this hasn't been spotted and fixed in the two years since I first noticed this problem while trying out gnome 3 for the first time. Seriously, do other people not notice this?

( Griffin Got an explanation for this? : )
        There's a Gnome 3 extension called Impatience. Check it out .

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
          There's a Gnome 3 extension called Impatience. Check it out .
          Very nice, I'll give that a try when I get the chance. Although it doesn't address the choppy framerate, it just shortens the animation durations. You can see this from the use of 'imports.gi.St.set_slow_down_factor' (which is documented at https://developer.gnome.org/st/3.24/...ow-down-factor).

Comment

Originally posted by ⲣⲂaggins View Post

Very nice, I'll give that a try when I get the chance. Although it doesn't address the choppy framerate, it just shortens the animation durations. You can see this from the use of 'imports.gi.St.set_slow_down_factor' (which is documented at https://developer.gnome.org/st/3.24/...ow-down-factor).
            No choppy framerates here on AMDGPU open source drivers.

Comment

Working...
            X